NFA073 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||09/24/22 – 09/24/22||Marshall, TX||FP NFA073 89||Register|
|Details||10/04/22 – 10/05/22||Conroe, TX||FP NFA073 86||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to develop the decision-making skills needed by Company Officers (COs) to accomplish assigned tactics at structure fires. All activities and scenarios used in this course are based on structure fires.
Often first to arrive at an incident, the COs initial decisions will have an impact throughout the entire incident. It is vital that they be able to make good management decisions with a favorable impact on the eventual outcome. In addition to a possible role as the initial Incident Commander (IC), the CO may be assigned a subordinate position within the Incident Command System (ICS) organization. COs need to have a clear understanding of the system, the position they are assigned, and their role in the organization if they are to function effectively and help make the system work.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Integration of National Incident Management System to Fireground Managemeent
- Fireground Decision Making
- Analytical Size-up Process
- Building Construction Types
- Burn time Considerations and Line of Duty Deaths From Collapse Incidents
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.