NFA088 – 14.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This two-day course identifies operational activities and safety concerns for Structural Company Officers assigned to a Wildland or Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) incident.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Wildland Urban Interface Firefighting
- Wildland Urban Interface Environment
- Wildland Fire Behavior
- Command and safety issues of Wildland Urban Interface
- Tactical Operations
Available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.