OIL500 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
TEEX can provide your organization with customized oil-spill response training tailored to meet your specific needs. The 8 to 40 hour custom designed curriculum is based upon the topics offered in the standard oil-spill response courses.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
The student attendance requirements for this course is based upon the needs of the client and is communicated to the students during the class.
- Aerial surveillance
- Boom and skimmer design
- Boom and Skimmer Design and Function
- Communications equipment
- Containing and recovering oil on surface water
- Contingency planning and response team training
- Movement, containment and cleanup of oil
- Oil recovery from soil and oily debris disposal
- Oil-spill contractors and cooperatives
- Preventing oil spills
- Reporting and documenting oil spills
- Security, damage claims and public relations
- Shoreline protection, cleanup and restoration
- Sorbents and chemical agents
- First responders
- Industrial and refinery personnel
- Government employees
- Individuals who may be tasked with responding to oil spill incidents
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu