RFT001 – 545.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
not available for the traditional academy. You must complete a registration packet and submit all required documents by mail.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED (minimum)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Doctor Physical (30 days or less from start of class)
- Proof of Meningococcal vaccination if 21 years old or younger
- International Students must also have Passport and Affidavit of Responsibility
Course Completion Requirements
The TEEX Traditional Recruit Academy Attendance Policy is found in the Basic Structure Fire Suppression Certification Rules, Policies, and Procedures in section V. Classroom Procedures and Expectations. Each student will receive this electronically via email during the first week of class.
All men and women seeking employment as a firefighter in a municipal fire department
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Pro Board
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638
Phone: (979) 458-0021 | Toll-Free: (979) 862-4005
Participant Enrollment Agreement (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement)
Full tuition is required to reserve a place in this course. If you cancel 15 or more calendar days before the start of the class, TEEX will provide a refund, less the $500 fee. If you cancel 14 or fewer calendar days before the start of the class, you will lose the $500 and be charged 10% of the balance.
If you begin the academy and drop out, you will not receive any refund. The $500 fee is nonrefundable under any circumstance.