SAF634 – 10.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The OSHA 10-hour Outreach Training for General Industry course provides students with a basic safety and health knowledge to include OSHA policies, procedures, and standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are most hazardous. Upon completion of this course, a wallet card will be issued certifying that the student has completed 10 hours of OSHA training for General Industry.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires participants to fully attend an enrolled class in its entirety (100% of the course). We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a participant out of class and have a policy to handle those situations. If a participant misses less than 20% of the class, he/she may be able to perform makeup work equivalent to the class time missed. If 20% or more of the class is missed, the participant may attend a makeup course upon approval by TEEXs OTI Education Center Director.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Proventions Plans, and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials
- Material Handling
- Machine Guarding
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Repiratory Protection
- General Laborers
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811