SAF636 – 30.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The OSHA 30-hour Outreach Training for General Industry course provides students with a basic safety and health knowledge to include OSHA policies, procedures, and standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are most hazardous. Upon completion of this course, a wallet card will be issued certifying that the student has completed 30 hours of OSHA training for General Industry.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- General Laborers