SAF644 – 10.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The OSHA 10-hour Outreach Training for General Industry course, delivered in Spanish, provides students with a basic safety and health knowledge to include OSHA policies, procedures, and standards. Special emphasis is placed on those areas that are most hazardous. Upon completion of this course, a wallet card will be issued certifying that the student has completed 10 hours of OSHA training for General Industry.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including Fall Protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials
- Material Handling
- Machine Guarding
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Respiratory Protection
- General Laborers
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811