SAP110 – 80.00 Hours
|LS SAP110 5||$250.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is not eligible for TCOLE Reporting and does not satisfy the TCOLE requirements for Basic Telecommunicator Course #1080. Proper use of technology and effectively communicating under stressful situations are vital skills telecommunication personnel should possess. This course is designed to prepare participants to perform successfully as a telecommunications call taker or dispatcher.
This online course consists of thirteen learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participant is provided with an opportunity to download a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After all modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Module quizzes and the final examination are timed events that can only be done in a single seating. Module quizzes and the final examination should not be started while on duty and/or if the participant may be called away from the computer for any reason.
Note: Individuals taking the Security Telecommunicator Dispatcher course are not eligible for TCOLE Reporting and do not satisfy the TCOLE requirements for Basic Telecommunicator Course #1080. As part of starting the course, participants must affirm this statement. If you wish to enroll in the TCOLE Telecommunicator license course, please visit the Public Safety Telecommunicator course for additional details.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Communication resources and confidentiality
- Emergency communications technology
- Call processing techniques
- Basic radio communications
- Liability and legal issues
- Stress, health, and personal awareness
- Cultural diversity
- Callers in mental or emotional crisis
- Calls from assault incidents
- Calls from violent or traumatic crime victims
- Other emergency calls and roles
- Individuals seeking security telecommunicator dispatcher training who are ineligible for TCOLE licensure
- Note: Individuals taking the Security Telecommunicator Dispatcher course are not eligible for TCOLE Reporting and do not satisfy the TCOLE requirements for Basic Telecommunicator Course #1080. As part of starting the course, participants must affirm this statement. If you wish to enroll in the TCOLE Telecommunicator license course, please visit the Public Safety Telecommunicator course for additional details.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]