SAP201 – 6.00 Hours
|LS SAP201 113||$45.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Are you looking for a new career path? This course is designed to provide participants with the concepts and skills necessary of a non-commissioned security officer in the State of Texas. The online course delivers Texas Private Security Program approved curriculum for non-commissioned security officers, including roles and responsibilities of security officers, legal aspects of security work, security communications, and response to emergencies and safety hazards. The practices taught in this course may be superseded by your agency’s departmental policy.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Course #6016.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 90 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Basic Security
- Legal aspects of security work
- Security communications
- Response to emergencies and safety hazards
- Non-commissioned security officers in the State of Texas
- Any person wishing to pursue non-commissioned security officer certification
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 6.00 hours – Texas Department of Public Safety Regulatory Services Division, Private Security
- 6.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
- Please allow 48-72 business hours for your PSP-36 certificate to be emailed to you. The one you see on your student portal upon course completion is not the official PSP-36 certificate.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]