UXO203 – 80.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|12/04/23 – 12/15/23||Bryan, TX||LS UXO203 113||$1550.00||Register|
|05/27/24 – 06/07/24||Bryan, TX||LS UXO203 112||$1550.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed for Hazardous Device School certified Bomb Technicians or equivalents desiring specialized training in the recognition and identification of military ordnance. Participants will be provided with comprehensive training through a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on activities designed to increase technician knowledge and response capabilities of state, local, and federal emergency responders.
The National Bomb Squad Commanders Advisory Board (NBSCAB) recognizes completion of this course as meeting the standards for PSBS ordnance training and certification IAW with the 2016 National Guidelines for Bomb Technicians.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Certified Explosives Specialist (CES) training program mandates this course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78027.
- “I would strongly recommend this course. I found it extremely informative, effective, and relevant to my job as a bomb technician.“
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants must submit the following items at least 21 days prior to the first day of class:
- Hazardous Device School Certification or equivalent
- Photo identification
- Confirmation of current employment with either a law enforcement agency or other state/local response authority using departmental letterhead
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Should be in good physical condition
- Should be capable of safely operating under stressful conditions and hazardous environments
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Mathematics, Physics, and Electricity
- Explosives and Explosives Effects
- Ordnance Safety, Identification and Characteristics
- Fuze Functioning and Identification
- Firing Devices and Other Explosive Devices
- Environmental and Miscellaneous Hazards
- UXO Environmental Remediation
- Bomb technicians and explosives specialists assigned to local, state, and federal public safety bomb squads
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 423-8433.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
ATF Certified Explosives Specialist Required Training as seen in The Detonator