WWW217 – 8.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|03/07/24 – 03/07/24||El Paso, TX||IS WWW217 25||$315.00||Register|
|03/26/24 – 03/26/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS WWW217 18||$315.00||Register|
|06/21/24 – 06/21/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||IS WWW217 19||$315.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Excavation Safety course focuses on the OSHA Standard for Excavation, 29 CFR 1926, 650-652 and provides the formal training required for an experienced professional to act as the “competent person” or one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings, or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them during excavation operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Hazard awareness
- OSHA Standards for Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Standards on Dust – Housekeeping and Others
- OSHA Standards on Excavation and Trenching
- Shoring and Shielding
- Soil Mechanics and Classification
- Professional excavation safety personnel
- People whose jobs may require excavation to be performed on their job sites.
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)