WWW301 – 8.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|12/15/23 – 12/15/23||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||EU WWW301 110||$355.00||Register|
|04/22/24 – 04/22/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||EU WWW301 111||$355.00||Register|
|08/12/24 – 08/12/24||Live Online Instructor-Led Training||EU WWW301 112||$355.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill 8 credit hours in the following operator license area(s):
– On-Site Sewage Facilities Operator License
The OSSF – Homeowner Aerobic Treatment and Surface Application System Operation and Maintenance course provides participants with an understanding of the Texas On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF) regulations for aerobic/surface application systems covering proper operation, maintenance, testing, and reporting requirements necessary for system compliance. OSSF Installers I and II, Site Evaluators, Designated Representatives, and Maintenance Providers and Technician license holders completing this course are eligible for 8 hours of TCEQ renewal credit.
This course may NOT satisfy all requirements of your local or county regulatory agency. Prior to registering for the course, the participant is solely responsible for contacting their county regulatory agency to ensure it satisfies all needed requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Introduction to Texas On-Site Sewage Facility Program
- Wastewater Characteristics of Residential Sewage
- Septic Treatment of Residential Sewage
- Aerobic Treatment of Residential Sewage
- Operational Concepts of Pump Tanks in OSSFs
- Disinfection Preceding Spray Application
- Safety Requirements for Open Covers and Tanks in an OSSF
- State Regulations for Design, Maintenance, and Testing of Aerobic Treatment Units with Spray Application
This course is designed for homeowners with OSSF ATUs as well as maintenance technicians who perform periodic system inspections on OSSF ATUs, and regulatory authorities/designated representatives who are responsible for state regulation compliance of OSSF ATUs.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Although this course may satisfy the training requirements for homeowners to perform their own OSSF system maintenance, participants should first contact their local regulatory agency to determine if the training will satisfy all requirements prior to registration.