WWW357 – 2.00 Hours
|IS WWW357 6||$50.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill 2 credit hours in the following operator license area(s):
– Wastewater Operator License
– Water Operator License
This online course provides participants with the basic understanding of disaster management and how it relates to their work as water and/or wastewater operators. This course discusses recommended resiliency measures for water and wastewater operators, including information on the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS), Texas’ state disaster assistance, the TCEQ’s Emergency Preparedness Plan, mutual aid agreements, and critical components of water and wastewater systems. The course is designed to fulfill the TCEQ-approved Resiliency Overview core course requirement.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to implement resiliency measures in order to maintain continuity of water operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must complete 100% of the course.
- Participants must pass the final exam, they will have unlimited attempts.
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this online course is 30 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, participants are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, participants must have:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a mobile device is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 100 or higher, Google Chrome 108 or higher
- Alternatives: Microsoft Edge 107 or higher
- Note: Safari is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 18 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Water Operations and the Incident Command System/National Incident Management System
- State Disaster Assistance
- Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Mutual Aid Agreements
- Water System Critical Components
This course is designed for all new and renewing water and wastewater operators.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)