WWW450 – 20.00 Hours
TEEX-RELLIS Campus-Bld 7900
3100 State Highway 47, Bldg. 7900
Bryan, TX 77807
12:01 AM Thursday, April 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Basic Wastewater Operations correspondence course participants receive an introduction to wastewater collection and treatment, including an overview of the water cycle. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to describe the responsibilities of wastewater system personnel, with emphasis on the need for regulation of wastewater discharge to protect receiving streams and public health, safety, and welfare. Participants will also be able to describe Texas rules and regulations for licensing of wastewater system operators.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide
- A proctor for all examinations
- Access to a wastewater treatment plant facility and the plant’s discharge permit information
- Ability to perform a settleable solids test and acquire information on a collection system
- Access to a collection system map, information specific to a lift station, pump and motor
- Access to safety meeting information
Items Needed for Course Testing/Assessment
- Course must be completed within six months of start date
- All course examinations must be proctored. When selecting a proctor, ensure they are not a spouse, family member, partner, fiance, or anyone residing in the same household. Additionally, a proctor cannot be currently enrolled in any distance learning course offered by the TEEX Water & Wastewater Program. In most cases, an immediate supervisor is selected to serve as a proctor. Other approved proctor options include, a licensed supervisor at work, a company training manager, a college proctor, or certified clergy. If an examination is not proctored, participants will not be eligible for TCEQ license credit hours.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam within the required timeline.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, students be employed by a Water System to ensure all class field exercises and assignments can be completed.
- Wastewater Treatment Goals
- The Operator and the Law
- Wastewater Characteristics
- Domestic Wastewater Pretreatment
- The Collection System
- Preliminary Treatment and Flow Measurement
- Activated Sludge Process
- Fixed Film Treatment
- Stabilization Ponds
- Sludge Processing
This course is designed for public works personnel and new employees of a wastewater system.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 CEUs
- 20.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators