WWW500 – 40.00 Hours
|Details||10/24/22 – 10/28/22||Cedar Park, TX||EU WWW500 164||$700.00||Register|
|Details||01/09/23 – 01/13/23||Rosenberg, TX||EU WWW500 165||$700.00||Register|
|Details||04/10/23 – 04/14/23||Conroe, TX||EU WWW500 166||$700.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill the following credit hours in the following operator license area(s):
– Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Operator License (40 Hours)
– Customer Service Inspector Operator License (12 Hours)
– Landscape Irrigator Operator License (12 Hours)
– Wastewater Operator License (12 Hours)
– Water Operator License (12 Hours)
– Water Treatment Specialist Operator License (12 Hours)
The Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester course provides participants with an interest in cross-connection controls and proper maintenance of water quality standards with guidelines used for acceptable practices of testing backflow prevention devices. Students will be presented with the principles of cross-connection control and methods used to prevent backflow of undesirable substances into water distribution and plumbing systems carrying potable water.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to Backflow Prevention
- Theory of Backflow and Cross-Connections
- Mechanical Equipment for Cross-Connection Control
- Codes, Regulations, and Laws
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)