XFD025 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
After completing this lesson, the sutdent shall be able to identify action options and response objectives for different types of hazmat incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manuel for the skills portion of the class.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Essentials of Fire Fighting, Seventh Edition recommended.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- This is the lesson covering hazardous materials incident management, action options, and response options.
- This lesson describes initiating protective actions as well as size-up and hazard and risk assessment.
- The lesson also covers incident levels and operational strategies at hazmat incidents.
- Additionally, this chapter covers terrorist attacks and other types of criminal activities, and natural disasters.
- Finally, the chapter discusses evaluating progress at a hazmat incident.
All emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)