XTN041 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Operators of emergency vehicles carry a heavy responsibility. The penalty for not adequately training your operators also carries legal consequences; emergency vehicle operators and the entities they represent have been held both criminally and civilly responsible for their actions.
This Emergency Vehicle Driver Training (EVDT) course was developed to teach the emergency vehicle operator proper driving techniques, including the mental and physical aspects of driving. The program points out the long-term impact of an accident involving an emergency vehicle on the operator, the emergency service organization, and the community in which they serve.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Identifying the problems in emergency vehicle operations
- Motivating the emergency vehicle operator to preform professionally
- Legal aspects of Emergency Vehicle Operations
- Physical forces acting upon the vehicle
- Performing vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Legal and regulatory requirements of Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG)
Available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.