XTN043 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Every year there continues to be traffic collisions involving emergency vehicles.
This course focuses on providing the emergency services that have been pledged to the public by getting to the scene in a safe and proficient manner.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Following Distance and Rate of Closure
- Civilian Drivers Yielding the Right-of-Way
- Intersection Crossing Procedures
- Red Lights and Sirens- Use and Misuse
- Operator Awareness
- Emergency Vehicle Operators
- Ambulance Service Owners
- Training Officers
- Fire Chiefs
- State EMS Training Directors
- Medical Directors
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.