XTN047 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This lecture course stresses how to address two simultaneous objectives specific to traffic collisions: safe procedures used to clear a crash scene, and maximizing roadway space available for continued traffic movement. Promoting best practices while working traffic incidents using guidance from the Texas Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), Texas State Motor Vehicle Code, and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including those associated with the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) consensus standards
- Effective roadway space management techniques, including proper positioning of response apparatus to protect the scene and responders working at the scene
- Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including provisions of the Texas Transportation Code
- Recommended marking and lighting practices for response vehicles
- Relevant standards related to traffic incident management, including the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Traffic incident management (TIM) and the importance of quickly clearing traffic incidents
- Use of appropriate temporary traffic control techniques to warn motorists and guide them safely past the scene
- Effective roadway space management techniques, including important considerations for facilitating traffic flow and traffic safety
- Use of appropriate temporary traffic control techniques to warn motorists and guide them safety past the scene
- Recommended response vehicle marking and lighting practices
- Techniques for pre-planning traffic incident management (TIM) at known
- Improved use of on scene incident command procedures
- Law enforcement personnel
- Fire personnel
- Rescue personnel
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel
- Hazmat responders
- City/County transportation personnel
- Traffic control personnel
- Corridor managers
- Traffic Safety Committee personnel
- Tow truck operators
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Department Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide the appropriate number of student manuals.