XTN098 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course teaches the skills needed to safely and efficiently perform basic technical rescues in industrial and municipal environments.
Successful completion of this course will also provide the participant with the skills necessary to meet Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications, in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006, (Standard for Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications(2003 Ed.) Chapter 5, Job Performance Requirements.
This course does not lead to a National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) certification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Course Attire / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 5 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
All participants are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity:
- Sleeveless shirts
- Open-toed shoes
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Rescue Team Organization and Function
- Hazard Assessment
- Incident Command
- Rescue Hardware and Equipment
- Rope Technology and Construction
- Knots, Bends and Hitches
- Patient packaging and handling
- Anchor Systems
- Belay Systems
- Raising (hauling) Systems
- Low-angle Rescue Operations
- Lowering Systems
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.