XTN109 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to increase the awareness of both career and volunteer firefighters and related emergency service personnel who may be required to call a mayday or respond to a mayday incident. This course is not designed to supplant local operation procedures and does not purport to instruct firefighters in all aspects of mayday response. This course does not replace the need for hands-on training and for practice in calling for or responding to mayday incidents.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Defined a mayday situation
- Identify why firefighters fail to or delay calling a mayday
- Identify mayday decision-making parameters and calling procedure
- Identify mayday training and drill needs for the fire service
Anyone who is involved in emergency activities.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)