COLLEGE STATION – A 1932 Mack fire engine, one of the first apparatus used at the Texas Fire Training School, has been restored and will go on display in the Henry D. Smith complex at the Brayton Fire Training Field in College Station, which is operated by the Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).
The engine was originally housed at the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas (now Texas A&M University) Fire Department, where it was used for local response as well as for training firefighters from across the state. The first Texas Municipal Fire Training School was held in College Station in 1930, and directed by H.R. Brayton.
The engine is still fully operational. The recent restoration, which included new paint, was completed by the Texas Prison System in Huntsville.