TEEX in conjunction/cooperation with the Texas Department of Transportation is committed to improving pre-hospital care and emergency medical response in rural and frontier areas of Texas.
The goal of Rural/Frontier EMS Education Funding is to improve accessibility of training in these areas and EMS involvement in local communities. Through this program, TEEX can assist agencies and departments with
- initial EMS training,
- refresher training,
- continuing education training,
- and/or instructor training.
Funding for this invaluable program comes from TxDOT Traffic Safety Division whose goal is two-fold, to increase the availability of EMS training in rural and frontier areas; and increase EMS involvement in local community safety efforts.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications MUST be received prior to the start of class, preferably at least two weeks in advance of the class start. Expenses will only be eligible for reimbursement after the sub-contract(s) effective date.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Introduction Letter
- Proposed Course Faculty List
- Staff Information Form
- Safety Manual
- Initial, Refresher, and Recertification training for ECA / EMR, EMT Basic, Advanced EMT and EMT Paramedic
- EMS Instructor
Continuing Education (Provider & Instructor available)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC)
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC / CEVO)
- Geriatric Education for Emergency Medical Services (GEMS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS)
- ITLS Access
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Pediatric ITLS
- Pre-Hospital Emergency Pediatric Provider (PEPP)
Course offerings are offered at your location to minimize the time away from the station and keep volunteers in their community. Class size and length is based on the type of course requested, but based on minimum State of Texas Department of Health Services guidelines.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (979) 862-6650