9P2631 – 80.00 Hours
|Details||12/06/22 – 12/13/22||College Station, TX||FP 9P2631 28||$3250.00||Register|
|Details||01/24/23 – 01/31/23||College Station, TX||FP 9P2631 31||$3500.00||Register|
|Details||05/16/23 – 05/23/23||College Station, TX||FP 9P2631 32||$3500.00||Register|
|Details||09/12/23 – 09/19/23||College Station, TX||FP 9P2631 33||$3500.00||Register|
|Details||12/05/23 – 12/12/23||College Station, TX||FP 9P2631 34||$3500.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Structural Collapse Specialist (Technician) course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform rescues at structural collapse scenes due to natural disasters or terrorist incidents. This course is 80 hours of face-to-face (Instructor-Led) training that is divided into three majors topics:
- Construct Emergency Shoring (Interior and Exterior)
- Lifting and Moving Techniques
- Breaching and Breaking
The course concludes with a final exercise in Disaster City requiring you to use all of the skills you have learned during the course.
This course is eight days in length, with 10 hours of training each day, for a total of 80 hours.
Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Computer-Based Training (CBT) Structural Collapse Specialist (Technician) course (Course Code: 9P2630) which is approximately 8 hours. Register now for the Specialist Collapse Specialist (Technician) course (Course Code: 9P2630).
We make every effort to ensure consistent terminology and training within the discipline of urban search and rescue (US&R), so this course mirrors the DHS/FEMA National US&R Response System curriculum.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be issued a TEEX Certificate of Completion.
This course is one of the requirements of the US&R Rescue Specialist Certificate program.
This course differs from the 50-hour Collapse Rescue Operations course by providing increased time to perform more in-depth skill sets as required by the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) curriculum.
This course requires the prior completion of TEEX Course 9P2630 Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of Structural Collapse Specialist.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P2630) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System designed for task forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expiration, and personnel ability to deploy.
Participants must bring their certificate of completion on the first day of class. Participants that have not completed the CBT portion will be removed from the class.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants should complete a NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue Level I course or equivalent. Due to strenuous nature of search and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in these courses.
Reserve hotel rooms as early as possible when planning to attend any courses.
- Rescuer Safety
- Structural Engineer Systems
- Building Construction as Related to Disaster Situations
- Rescue Operations Strategy and Tactics
- Rescue Operational Procedures
- Rescue Support Procedures
- Breaching and Breaking Operations with Concrete and Steel Structures (2 days)
- Lifting and Moving Operations (2 days)
- Emergency Building Shoring (2 days)
This course has been developed for city, state, and federal US&R responders. The target audience also includes all emergency responders from municipal and industrial agencies tasked with conducting structural collapse rescue.
Participants include emergency responders from the following disciplines/services:
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue (SUSAR) Members
- US&R Task Force Members
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Members
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Industrial Firefighters (IND)
- Army and Air National Guard (ANG)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civilian Support Teams (WMD-CST)
- CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP) Teams
- Homeland Response Forces (HRF)
- County, State, and Federal First Responders
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This ILT course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System.
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.
- GSA contract number: GS-07F-0357V. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900.