The OSHA Outreach Training Program is an integral part of occupational safety and health training. Through the program, individuals who complete a one-week OSHA trainer course are authorized to teach 10-hour and 30-hour courses in construction or general industry safety and health hazard recognition and prevention. Authorized trainers can receive OSHA course completion cards for their students. Over the past three years, over 1.6 million students have received training through this program.
OSHA periodically updates the requirements that authorized Outreach trainers must follow in conducting and reporting OSHA Outreach Training Program classes.
OSHA announces list of OSHA-Authorized Trainers. To be included Trainers must opt-in through the portal below.
Summary document of key changes in the revised January, 2019, OSHA Outreach Training Program Requirements and Procedures.
Need to Update Your Trainer Status? Register Now
Outreach Card Fees And Processing Information For Trainers
- Cards are individualized for both trainers and students in construction, general industry, maritime, and disaster site workers
- With the enhancement and additional fraud protection on the Outreach cards, the fee for cards is now $8.00 per card
- All Outreach cards will now include a QR code leading to a website allowing employers and workers to verify the authenticity of each card
- The fee for replacement cards is now $25.00 per card
- An Outreach Card Payment Form MUST accompany any purchase order or check payment for cards
- My Outreach Trainer Card is expired, now what? The trainer must retake the trainer course. The trainer course requires the applicable standards course as the pre-requisite and it must have been taken within the last seven (7) years.
If you require assistance or have questions regarding your OSHA Outreach Training Report, please contact our Customer Care Center at
(800) SAFE-811/(800) 723-3811. You may also send us an email: TEEXOutreach@teex.tamu.edu.
Resources For OSHA Outreach Trainers
Construction Industry Procedures
General Industry Procedures
Disaster Site Worker Procedures
Spanish Training Aids
Outreach Training Program FAQs
Foundations for Safety Leadership
Keep up-to-date with all the latest training requirements by subscribing to our email newsletter!