9P6131 – 32.00 Hours
|Details||06/06/22 – 06/09/22||College Station, TX||FP 9P6131 12||$1700.00||Register|
|Details||12/05/22 – 12/08/22||College Station, TX||FP 9P6131 13||$1700.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Planning Team Training Instructor-Led Training (ILT) course is designed to provide Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force personnel with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a Planning Team Manager and/or Technical Information Specialist on one of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) US&R Task Forces.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to successfully describe the duties and responsibilities of a Planning Team Manager or Technical Information Specialist on an US&R team and participants will be able to successfully perform in those position on a US&R team.
The Planning Team Training ILT course is 32 hours of face-to-face training. Prior to attending this face-to-face training course, students must successfully complete the Planning Team Training – Computer-Based Training course (Course Code: 9P6130). The CBT component of this course is hosted for a nominal fee by TEEX.
This course requires the prior completion of TEEX Course 9P6130 Computer-Based Training (CBT) component of Planning Team Training.
Members of FEMA US&R Task Forces should complete the exact same CBT course (Course Code: 9P6130) at www.esf9training.org which is a Learning Management System created by TEEX for the FEMA National US&R Response System designed for task forces to automatically track all of their training certificates, qualifications, expiration, and personnel ability to deploy.
Participants must bring their certificate of completion on the first day of class. Participants that have not completed the CBT portion will be removed from the class.
Course Completion Requirements
Each student must bring the following items to the Instructor-Led Training course:
- A Task Force Laptop Computer and it must be a PC/Windows based operating system.
- The conversion software does not work on Apple Macintosh computers.
- The Computer-Based Training will guide students through the process of loading the “Converter” software as referenced in the FEMA US&R Program Directive 20014-013. Students must also ensure that the Laptop Computer they bring to the Instructor-Led Training is loaded with the “Converter” software.
- It is vital that students arrive at class with the “Converter” software already loaded on their Laptop Computer. This loading process may require students to work with their sponsoring agency IT Department. Many Task Forces require someone with Computer Administrator Rights to install the “Converter” software on their Task Force Computer so make plans accordingly.
- The computer brought to the course must be loaded with the following software:
- Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Garmin Basecamp
- Google Earth
- The Laptop Computer must be setup per the instructions in the US&R PD 2014-013 Search Operation Data Collection and Reporting Standards (See #2 above)
- Task Force issued Garmin GPSr 62 or 64
- Extra batteries for the GPS
- Street Map of the United States loaded on the Garmin Basecamp Software GPSr, or at a minimum they need the Street Maps for the following states: California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington DC, and Tennessee.
- USB cable for the GPS device
- Portable Printer with ink cartridges (at least one printer per Task Force) and the cable to connect printer to the Task Force Laptop Computer
- Uniform – Business casual (Khakis With Polo Shirt) or Task Force BDUs
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Meetings and Briefings
- Developing Plans and the Task Force Planning Process
- US&R Operations Mapping
- Combined Practical Exercises
- Planning Team Responsibilities in Search Operations
- Task Force GPS Overview and Utilization
- Image and Data Utilization for Task Force Operations
- Demobilization, After Action Review, and Improvement Planning
- Final Exercise
TEEX is the National Contract Training Provider for the FEMA National Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) System and this course was developed under contract for US&R personnel. This instructor led training course is the same curriculum and instructors utilized for courses taught to the FEMA National US&R System. TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998. Your department can be confident that training will meet credentialing and validation requirements. TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.