ADI210 – 50.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Having proper skills to conduct a sobriety test is essential to successful DWI/DUI traffic enforcement. This course prepares officers to instruct the Standardized Field Sobriety Test (SFST) course to their peers. Participants will experience hands-on training exercises and simulated alcohol “web lab” workshops. Successful graduates are able to teach the SFST course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for SFST Practitioner Course #1016.
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Currently commissioned as a peace officer with basic SFST experience.
- A proficiency exam will be given to all participants the first day of class.
- All participants are required to pass the proficiency exam to continue the course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Effective presentation skills
- How to conduct a SFST course
- How to conduct an alcohol workshop
- Teaching and learning theory
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 4.00 CEUs
- 50.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Students successfully completing this course will also need to meet TCOLE requirements set in rule 221.33 before instructing a SFST class.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433