AIR545 – 80.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|03/04/24 – 03/15/24||Georgetown, TX||LS AIR545 147||$1005.00||Register|
|04/01/24 – 04/12/24||Humble, TX||LS AIR545 145||$1005.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Experienced crash investigators may enhance their level of understanding of collision investigation through this advanced course. Participants will learn new formulas and skills to better evaluate and investigate accidents. Although it is ideal for officers who routinely investigate and specialize in major injury and fatality collision investigations, it is also appropriate for patrol officers who frequently investigate collisions to complete this course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78016.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Intermediate Collision Investigation or a course equivalent.
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
- Scientific calculator
- Mechanical or wood pencil(s) with a lead measurement of .5mm
- TEEX formula cards provided in prerequisite courses
- TEEX traffic templates provided in prerequisite courses
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Refresher mathematics
- Energy and speed relationship
- Trigonometry and the collision investigator
- Scale diagramming
- Airborne formulas
- Basic motion equations in accident reconstruction
- Conservation of linear momentum
- Experienced investigators who routinely investigate minor injury and fatality motor vehicle collisions
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]