ARE003 – 12.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Canyon Area Fire School is an annual event held during September in Canyon, Texas. This one day event covers various topics in fire fighting, rescue, investigation, inspection, and emergency medical care fields. Lecture and hands on sessions occur during two four hour blocks during the day and culminate in “night burns” held at the Canyon fire Department training field during the evening after the classroom sessions.
Typically there are no prerequisites, however some specific course(s), especially live burn and some hands on classes, may have requirements.
To view whether a course has prerequisites download the area school schedule pdf.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Past topics have included but not limited to:
- Forcible Entry
- SCBA Training
- Pump Operations
- Ground Cover Fire Fighting
- Courage to be Safe Training
- SFFMA Certification Workshop
- Auto Extrication
- Structure Fires (Live Burns) & LPG Fires (Live Burns)
- Firefighter Self Rescue
- Rapid Intervention Team Training (RIT)
All emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
The area school class offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer for scheduled dates and class offerings. (Note: This area school may yet to be scheduled therefore a flyer may not yet be posted.)