ARE132 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Courses vary from year to year. The Alamo Area F.O.O.L.S. provide realistic hands on fire training to better assist firefighters to operate safely on the fire ground.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Depending on the training course specific PPE may be required
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Maximize efficiency and impact on the fireground
- Decisions and actions during initial fireground operations
- Methodologies of extinguishment
- Forcible exiting situations
- Engine placement on scene
- SCBA – Intense practical drills
- Basic Irons/Forcible entry
- Patient entrapment and entanglement situations
- Firefighter Cancer Awareness
- The topics above are examples of previous training topics
All emergency and crisis response personnel
The class offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer posted on teex.org/extension for scheduled dates and class offerings. (Note: This area school may yet to be scheduled therefore a flyer may not yet be posted.)