AWR375 – 5.50 Hours
|NE AWR375 56
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (844) 789-5673 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The goal of this course is to enhance the safety and security awareness of individuals responsible for organizing, supervising, and supporting after school activities and interscholastic athletics. This innovative training will provide an online platform for learning while improving the awareness level of security and resilience within school districts and communities hosting special events and interscholastic athletics.
This course was developed in a partnership effort between The University of Southern Mississippi’s National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (USM/NCS4) and the TEEX National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (NERRTC).
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Risk & Safety Management course #7821.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants must be U.S. citizens. A FEMA Student ID is required to register for and participate in any training provided by FEMA agencies. All FEMA training providers, registration systems, and enrollment procedures are required to use this FEMA SID, which can be obtained at the following website: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid; or with TEEX assistance upon arrival for class.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 180 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 109 or higher, Google Chrome 109 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 16.3 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 22.003.20310 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Identify fundamental concepts, terms and ideas related to risk management.
- Recognize the importance of individuals involved in the management and communication framework for after school activities and interscholastic athletics.
- Recognize the benefits of utilizing a risk assessment methodology for after school activities and interscholastic athletics.
- Recognize mitigation strategies and emergency planning criteria.
- Recognize the complexities associated with after school activities and interscholastic athletics planning and access control.
- Recognize the need for and resources available for implementing a risk management professional development program.
- Use risk management best practices guides to analyze an event scenario.
- Emergency Managers
- Citizens and Community Volunteers
- Facility, Event, and Site Managers
- Event Planners
- Directors of Fine Arts
- Club Advisors
- School Resource Officers
- Campus Security Directors and Officers
- Faculty and Staff
- School Administrators and District Superintendents
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)/Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- 5.50 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 423-8433