AWR375 – 5.50 Hours
|NE AWR375 44||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (844) 789-5673 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The goal of this course is to enhance the safety and security awareness of individuals responsible for organizing, supervising, and supporting after school activities and interscholastic athletics. This innovative training will provide an online platform for learning while improving the awareness level of security and resilience within school districts and communities hosting special events and interscholastic athletics.
This course was developed in a partnership effort between The University of Southern Mississippi’s National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (USM/NCS4) and the TEEX National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center (NERRTC).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)
- Current web browser (This course is best viewed in either Chrome or Firefox)
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Once enrolled, participants have 6 months to complete the online course.
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Management and Communication Framework
- Risk Assessment
- Planning and Management
- Complexities of Event Management
- Professional Development
- Risk Management Program Resources
- Emergency managers
- Citizen/Community Volunteers
- Event/site managers
- Event planners
- Directors of fine arts
- Club advisors
- Facility managers
- School resource officers
- Campus security officers
- Campus security directors
- School administrators
- School district superintendents
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) cooperative agreement training program, this course is available at no direct cost to state, county, and local government agencies.
To enroll in this course, participants must be U.S. citizens and must possess or obtain a FEMA student identification number (SID).
To obtain a FEMA SID navigate to the following URL: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (844) 789-5673