AWR383 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Business & Cyber Solutions at (800) 541-7149 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This is a non-technical course meant to develop awareness of cybersecurity risks so that elected officials, appointed officials, and other senior managers are better informed to properly protect the jurisdiction/organization during a cybersecurity incident. It is designed to help officials and senior management work more effectively with their Information Technology (IT) departments to mitigate cyber threats. The training is tailored to government, critical infrastructure, and private sector personnel who have the responsibility for directing and developing policy within their organization.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Cybersecurity: Not just an IT issue
- Types of cyber threats
- Common types of attacks
- Prioritization of business function
- Cybersecurity as part of a culture
- Cyber insurance
- Public communications
- Senior managers checklist
This course is designed for:
- Elected officials such as city council, mayor, county commissioner, county judge
- City managers
- Chief information officers
- Risk managers
- Emergency management coordinators
- Jurisdictional department heads
- Directors of critical infrastructure such as power, water/wastewater, healthcare, transportation
- ISD and higher-ed officials, and private company C-suite