AWR385 – 6.50 Hours
|EC AWR385 38||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to assist individuals better understand security and privacy issues associated with mobile devices and infrastructure; including benefits and challenges of designing, implementing, and maintaining Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Programs. Using scenarios, thought challenges and exercises as a framework, students will learn about:
- The purpose of Enterprise Mobile Management platforms
- Elements that make mobile networks and operating systems different
- Mobile malware classifications and detection strategies
- Mobile architecture data leakage detection and prevention strategies.
This course was developed by the University of Memphis through the DHS/FEMA Homeland Security National Training Program.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or receive approval from TEEX/DHS-FEMA prior to the start of the class. Please contact us for more information on the approval process.
- Internet access
One of the following web browsers:
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or later
- Internet Explorer (v7.0 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (v18.104.22.168 or later)
- Opera (v9.23 or later)
- Apple Safari (v3.0.3 or later for Windows, v2.0.4 or later for MacOS)
- Google Chrome (v48.0.2564 or later)
- Microsoft Edge (v27.11099 or later)
Course Completion Requirements
Students must earn a minimum score of 70% on all module post-tests to receive their certificate.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignment, activities, quizzes and/or end of course exam.
- Basic Windows user skills
- A fundamental knowledge of computer networking concepts
- A fundamental knowledge applications found on mobile devices
- Describe the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform
- Identify the components of the Enterprise Mobility Management platform
- Explain the purpose of an effective Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) strategy
- Recognize the basic concepts of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- Describe the basic components of Mobile Application Management (MAM) systems
- Describe the basic components of Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems
- Describe the basic components of Mobile Content Management (MCM) systems
- Explain the functional differences between wired and wireless networks
The target audience for this course is open to but not limited to anyone in Citizen/Community Volunteer, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Governmental Administrative, Healthcare, Information Technology, Law Enforcement and Public Safety Communications.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (800) 541-7149
Business & Cyber Solutions
Phone: (979) 431-4837
Email: [email protected]