AWR399 – 4.00 Hours
|EC AWR399 10||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
As computers and mobile devices become a part of most people’s everyday lives, the challenges of protecting computers and mobile devices and the data on them increases. Part of protecting computers and mobile devices is understanding how to recognize when they are compromised, the steps to take to respond to compromised computers and devices, and how to recover once they have been rid of any infection. This course will introduce students to various types of cyber attacks and how to detect and respond to them in order to protect their data and information.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident or receive approval from TEEX/DHS-FEMA prior to the start of the class. Please contact us for more information on the approval process.
Course Completion Requirements
Students must earn a minimum score of 70% on all module post-tests to receive their certificate.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Types of malware
- Indications of malware
- Responding to a malware infection
- Recovering from a malware infection
- Social Engineering
- Types of social engineering
- Online and social media searches
- Detecting social engineering attacks
- Responding to social engineering attacks
- Top cyber threats to mobile devices
- Indications of mobile device infections
- Mitigating mobile device threats
- Responding to and recovering from various mobile device attacks
- Physical security threats to computers
- Mitigating physical security threats
- Responding to physical security threats
This course is intended for any computer user seeking skills in detecting and responding to cybersecurity attacks including all federal, state, local, tribal, territorial, public, and private IT professionals.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- .4 IACET CEUs