AWR401 – 9.00 Hours
|LS AWR401 2||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces the six-step THIRA/SPR process which includes identifying threats and hazards that stress a community’s capabilities, giving context to those threats and hazards and identifying associated impacts consistent with specific factors, identifying community-specific capability targets, assessing current levels of capability in comparison to those targets, identifying capability gaps and subsequent strategies to close those gaps.
Successful completion of the course will assist local emergency responders and stakeholders in generating actionable preparedness data that communities can use to support a variety of emergency management efforts, including planning, training, exercises, and incident response and recovery. THIRA/SPR-informed planning is consistent with and expands on nationally accepted emergency management standards as the basis for planning across the mission areas of prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 180 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Services
- Public Safety Communications
- Hazardous Material Personnel
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Management Agency
- Health Care, Public Health
- Public Works
- Public Elected Officials
- Governmental Administrative
- Private Sector and Non-Governmental Organizations
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 9.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433