DOP300 – 50.00 Hours
|Details||05/15/23 – 05/19/23||College Station, TX||FP DOP300 68||$1050.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge for Driver/Operator-Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) as described in Chapter 9 of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1002, Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to operate an ARFF apparatus during emergency situations. You will have the opportunity to practice apparatus operations, apparatus positioning, maintenance, and strategy and tactics.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing.
Participants are required to present a valid Class C (passenger) driver’s license to the instructor on the first day of class. Participants that do not have a valid driver’s license will not be allowed to remain in the class.
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1001 Firefighter II and NFPA 1003 ARFF dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts). It is preferred that participants wear duty uniform or business casual dress.
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participant Must Provide
- Textbook: IFSTA Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (6th ed)
- Basic calculator (independent of your cell phone)
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
- Airport familiarization
- ARFF apparatus
- Driving / Operating ARFF apparatus
- Extinguishing agents
- Strategy and Tactics
This course is designed for individuals who provide fire services protection at airports. This may include
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Industrial Firefighters
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Pro Board
Phone: (979) 321-6230
Email: [email protected]
We do not accept online registration for this course. Please use our registration form and fax it to (979) 862-6491.
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Students are required to follow the guidelines in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.