EDP100 – 26.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Business & Cyber Solutions at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Economic development as practiced today is complex and competitive. Training is usually required in order to gain a thorough knowledge of the fundamentals involved. The Basic Economic Development Course is fully accredited by the International Economic Development Council and fulfills the experience requirement for admission to the Economic Development Institute.
The Basic Economic Development Course is a three-plus day intensive training program. It is open to career staff practitioners and volunteers with an interest in the operation of private and public industrial and economic development organizations.
To register for this course please go to the Texas Economic Development Council website or contact the Texas Economic Development Council at (512) 480-8432.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Introduction to Economic Development
- Workforce Development
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing and Attraction
- Finance and Capital Market Programs
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Enterprise/Small Business Development
- Business Retention /Expansion
- Analyze/Profile Local Economy
- Community/Neighborhood Development
Professional practitioners and volunteers representing:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community Development
- Economic Development Foundations and Corporations
- Financial Institutions
- Main Street Organizations
- Municipal, Town, County, State and Federal Government Entities
- Planning and Development Agencies
- Public and Private Utilities
- Real Estate
- Housing and/or Urban Development
- And others interested in facilitating job creation and capital investment in their community, region, or state.
For more information about BEDC contact the Texas Economic Development Council at (512) 480-8432.