ENV213 – 28.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) course is designed for industry professionals new to the environmental field. Participants receiving this training are provided an overview of major U.S. environmental, health, and safety laws as well as regulations linked to legislation that may have an impact on compliance measures within a particular facility or workplace.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, participants complete the Chemistry for Environmental Professionals (OSH511) course.
- Health and Safety (OSHA)
- Clean Air Act
- Hazardous waste management (RCRA)
- TSCE, asbestos and PCB requirements
- Groundwater geology and underground storage
- Transportation of hazardous materials
- CERCLA / EPCRA
- SPCC and Emergency responses
- Property transaction audits
- Clean Water Act
- Environmental technicians or consultants
- Industrial hygienists
- Safety supervisors
- Hazardous waste personnel
- Health and safety coordinators
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact [email protected] or call (800) 723-3811