ENV440 – 15.00 Hours
DetailsEnvironmental Mgnt, of Water
|05/23/24 – 05/24/24
|San Antonio, TX
|IS ENV440 4
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Environmental Management of Water will cover the fundamentals of various water programs that may apply to any given industrial facility. The regulatory framework will include the Clean Water Act which will provide CHSO’s with information about pollution prevention, storm water best management practices, how to meet the industrial wastewater treatment system standards, and the concepts involved with downstream criteria.
The course will also cover how to develop a Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures Plan (SPCC) for bulk storage of oils and discuss the fundamental of groundwater hydrogeology, including ground water monitoring.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to recognize requirements pertaining to basic water programs such as the Clean Water Act and Safe Drinking Water Act.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, the participant must:
- Attend 100% of the course
- Sign the attendance roster each day of class
- Complete and pass the final exam
- Complete the end-of-course evaluation
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
The following additional courses are offered within this environmental safety series. While we highly suggest enrolling in Introduction to Environmental Compliance (ENV410) before attending the other courses, the ENV410 is not a prerequisite:
- Introduction to Environmental Compliance (ENV410)
- Hazardous Waste Management and Compliance (ENV420)
- Managing Environmental Release Events (ENV430)
- Environmental Monitoring and Instrumentation (ENV450)
To be eligible to be awarded the designation of Certified
Environmental Safety and Health Official (CESHO), participants must meet the
- Successful completion of General Industry CSHO or Construction CSHO.
- Successful completion of this course (ENV440) as well as the four additional courses listed above.
- CESHO application submission two weeks prior to participating in the last of
the courses needed to complete the environmental safety series.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Identify federal water regulations.
- Discuss how the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) applies to the use of injection wells.
- Identify the requirements for industrial stormwater management.
- Identify the requirements for construction stormwater management.
- Identify the importance of surface water programs.
- Explain aspects of the wetlands program under the Clean Water Act.
This course is designed for professionals expected to manage environmental release events.