FSA100 – 80.00 Hours
DFW Airport, Dept of Public Sa
3600 South W 20th St
DFW Airport, TX 75261
08:00 AM Monday, April 19, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Physical evidence collected at the scene of a crime is often the single most critical element in criminal prosecution and conviction. This course provides participants with information, techniques, and methods for conducting crime scene investigations and processing crime scene evidence. Course instruction is through lecture and case review with emphasis on practical laboratory application, scenario-based practical application, and proper photography techniques.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Forensic Technician Course #40052.
- Licensed or certified peace officer with a current
commission employed by or attached to a law enforcement/investigative
- Civilian employed by a law enforcement/investigative agency
conducting investigative tasks or duties
- Nurse employed by a medical facility tasked with conducting
Course Completion Requirements
Student Must Provide:
- Digital SLR camera
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
Please fax proof of course completion to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to class start date. Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Student May Bring:
- Camera cable release
- Macro lens or diopters
- Camera instruction manual
- Laptop computer or photo card reader (for photo review)
Course Attire / PPE
- Participants will conduct field exercises and processing activities
throughout the course and are encouraged to dress appropriately by wearing comfortable
- Crime scene documentation
- Crime scene searches and legality
- DNA evidence
- Electronic evidence
- Evidence collection, packaging, and preservation
- Fingerprint processing with chemicals and dyes
- Powder processing fingerprints
- Processing blood prints
- Processing fingerprints on difficult surfaces
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers, corrections officers and forensic nurses
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 CEUs
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 4.00 hours – ACE
- 40.00 hours – International Association of Identification (IAI)
- 80.00 hours – Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788.