FSA303 – 2.00 Hours
|LS FSA303 75||$32.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This online course prepares participants for basic fingerprint processing. Participants will learn about the powders, brushes, tape, and cards used for developing prints, and how to locate, process, and document prints while tying together all information into practical activities.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Fingerprint Processing course #3999.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Fingerprint Basics
- Tools for Latent Print Development
- Locating Prints
- Brushing and Lifting
- Print Documentation
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators and patrol officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 2.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC)/Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected].
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]