IMS710 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course introduces you to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS).
It describes the history, features and principles, and organizational structure of the Incident Command System and explains the relationship between ICS and the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Attendance at all course sessions and activities.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Includes entry level personnel from local agencies, and representatives from:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Additionally, jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
Course size limit
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Minimum number of participants: 26