IND006 – 16.00 Hours
|Details||06/12/23 – 06/13/23||College Station, TX||FP IND006 26||$1650.00||Register|
|Details||11/06/23 – 11/07/23||College Station, TX||FP IND006 27||$1650.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Advanced Flammable Liquid Industrial Response is a hands-on advanced level class designed for the industrial firefighter who wishes to build upon their skills in responding and effectively mitigating flammable liquid emergencies in and around their facilities. There is minimal content review class time and extended burn times. The increasing difficult burn scenarios include night-time burns and a final cumulative exercise that is designed to test industrial flammable liquid response skills.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of the training, a physical examination and fit test are recommended prior to enrolling in this course.
This is an advanced level class. It is recommended students have experience with firefighting in an industrial environment.
- Incident Command Systems (ICS)
- Scene Size-up
- Fire Behavior
- Response Strategies, Available Resources, Tactical Implementation
- Danger recognition
This is an advanced course for industrial facility personnel who will be expected to respond to and mitigate emergencies involving flammable liquid fires.
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.