IND007 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||10/17/22 – 10/19/22||College Station, TX||FP IND007 34||$2165.00||Register|
|Details||02/27/23 – 03/01/23||College Station, TX||FP IND007 37||$2345.00||Register|
|Details||06/19/23 – 06/21/23||College Station, TX||FP IND007 38||$2345.00||Register|
|Details||08/07/23 – 08/09/23||College Station, TX||FP IND007 39||$2345.00||Register|
|Details||10/16/23 – 10/18/23||College Station, TX||FP IND007 40||$2345.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This three-day course is designed to expand the knowledge and skills of firefighters and non-firefighters responding to and successfully mitigating large atmospheric storage-tank emergencies. Firefighters are involved in hands-on live fire evolutions, while non-firefighters in the class will be assigned to field observation. The course will combine classroom lecture and small group activities with field observation and hands-on skill practice, utilizing live-fire simulations of bulk-storage emergencies. The course will conclude with a capstone live-fire field response to the largest atmospheric storage tank fire prop in North America.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any bunker gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The bunker gear includes: coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, and boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Non-firefighter participants, such as Terminal Managers, Support Personnel, Non-ERT, are not involved in live fire evolutions; there is no recommended prior training
- Firefighters will participate in live fire evolutions and prior training is recommended. Recommended training includes 29CFR1910.156, NFPA 1081 Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Members, Advanced Exterior Firefighting Level II (ASP201), NFPA 472 Flammable Liquid Bulk Storage Specialist (IND014), or similar training.
- Large-volume delivery devices for both water and foam
- Incident preplanning and scene size up
- Types of bulk storage tanks and containers
- Construction characteristics of storage tanks
- Fire and safety components of bulk-storage facilities
- Crude oil characteristics and special hazards
- Response strategies and tactics
This course provides skills and knowledge to emergency responders who will respond to a bulk storage fire involving flammable liquid fire. This course is appropriate for emergency response personnel and Non-ERT, etc.
- Terminal Managers
- Support Personnel & Non-ERT
- Municipal firefighters
- Industrial firefighters
- Railroad emergency responders
- Tank farm operators
- Bulk storage and container supervisors
Phone: (979) 458-3642 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.