LET101 – 4.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Thursday, April 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Multiple bills passed by the 86th legislative session will have an impact on Texas law enforcement. There were administrative changes, changes in existing statutes, and new laws. Texas’ law enforcement professionals will better serve their communities by increasing their awareness of changes and additions to state statutes as they pursue equality in justice and ensure public safety. Case law, especially cases handed down by the Supreme Court of the United States, is of incredible importance to the administration of Justice. This online course will briefly cover recent judicial decisions that are important for law enforcement officers, administrators, and policy makers. Unless otherwise noted, bills went into effect on September 1, 2019.
This material is a general summary of selected court cases and changes to Texas’ criminal law as wrought by the 86th session of the Texas Legislature. This is not an all-inclusive recitation of every change, nor is it intended as legal advice. If you have any questions, consult your local city, county, or district attorney.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Legislative Update Course #3186.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 52 or higher, Google Chrome 80 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 11, Safari 11 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Changes and updates to the Commission on Law Enforcement
- Relevant case law from the U.S. Supreme Court
- Changes to the Texas Penal Code
- Changes to the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure
- Changes to the Texas Transportation Code
- Changes and Updates to Other Texas Statutes
Law enforcement administrators, peace officers, reserve law enforcement officers, judges, and prosecuting attorneys
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.40 CEUs
- 4.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433