LET108 – 1.00 Hours
|LS LET108 14||$25.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
When a foreign national is detained, it is important that officers understand the duties and responsibilities of the officer regarding consular notification. Participants will be able to identify the provisions of consular notification per the Vienna Convention on consular notification and bilateral treaties, the steps to take during arrest, access of consular officials to arrested foreign nationals, and resources available to law enforcement during these arrests.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Consular Notification Course #3909.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from the registration date.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 96 or higher, Google Chrome 97 or higher
- Alternative: Safari 15 or higher
- Note: Microsoft Edge is not currently a supported browser.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 17 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Provisions of consular notification
- Arrest of a foreign national
- Consular access
- Case studies and resources available to law enforcement
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 1.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or [email protected]
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842
TEEX Participant Handbook
Conduct During Live Online Instructor-Led Courses
Online courses: Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may the course be transferred from one customer to another.