LET307 – 32.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|03/04/24 – 03/07/24||Bryan, TX||LS LET307 50||$375.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Having the knowledge and skills to train correctional officers within an agency can save funds and benefit the correctional facility as a whole. This course will equip participants with the necessary training to conduct the physical skills portion of the TEEX Basic County Corrections blended learning course. This train-the-trainer course provides the participant with instructional materials and techniques used in the delivery of the 24-hour physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections Physical Skills course.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014 or equivalent)
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Defensive counter strikes
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
- Participant should wear appropriate gym attire and a duty belt
- Participant must bring two sets of handcuffs in good working condition and handcuff keys
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Physiological response to stress
- Compliance techniques and pressure point manipulation
- Stances and blocks
- Arm strikes and leg strikes
- Joint locks and grounding techniques
- De-escalation and communication techniques
- Texas county jail staff responsible for training corrections officers to complete their basic training
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 32.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a participant has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
- Participants wishing to maintain their instructor status will be required to complete LET299 Basic County Corrections Physical Skills Train the Trainer Scheduling Requirements on an annual basis.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]