LET309 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Course Price: $200
A unique opportunity is available for Texas Peace Officers to successfully acquire their Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) Basic Jailer License. This online course provides participants the training to successfully apply their current skills inside the corrections environment.
Once the participant has successfully completed each module, a comprehensive final is administered. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive endorsement information to sit for the TCOLE Peace Officers Jailer Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site.
This course meets TCOLE requirements Basic Jail Certification for Peace Officers Course #1072.
Note: This online course requires Adobe Flash. Please confirm your computer has Flash before registering for the course. For additional details, please refer to the Course Completion Requirements below.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
TCOLE Licensing Requirements
- Must be a currently licensed Texas Peace Office
- TCOLE Declaration of Licensing Course Enrollment Eligibility (DOLCEE) Form
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Agency Audit Checklist
- TEEX Registration Form
Online Course Technical Requirements
To successfully complete this online course, you should have access to a computer with the following system requirements:
- Computer tower or laptop
- Note: The use of a tablet is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Broadband or high-speed internet connection
- Recommended: Wired connection with at least 2.0 Mbps bandwidth (bi-directional, i.e. sending and receiving)
- Alternative: Wireless (WiFi) connection
- Note: The use of a MiFi or mobile hotspot is not recommended and may result in connectivity issues.
- Current version of web browser
- Internet Explorer 11
- Note: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari no longer support Adobe Flash and will not work for viewing this course offering.
- Apple QuickTime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Booking procedures
- Classification of inmates
- Emergency procedures
- Facility security
- Food services
- Inmate rights
- Inmate transportation
- Legal aspects of use of force
- Report writing
- Suicide screening and prevention
- Texas Peace Officers seeking to acquire their Texas Jailers License
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433