LET455 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Recognizing the signs and symptoms of individuals under the influence of drugs is important to ensure the safety and health of students and education professionals. This Drug Impairment and Behavior Recognition for Education Professionals (DIBREP) course is designed to provide administrators, counselors, teachers, and school nurses with tools and training necessary to recognize and document drug/alcohol impairment in students.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Alcohol and Drug Use Awareness for Law Enforcement #2085.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- How drugs work in the body
- How state laws and school policies affect educator contact with impaired students
- Role of drugs in society
- Signs and assessment of Impairment
Education professionals including:
- School-based law enforcement officers
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 16.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- 16.00 hours – Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- This activity was previously approved by the Texas Nurses Association (TNA) to award contact hours. Effective June 30, 2020, TNA discontinued its ANCC Accredited Approver Unit and is no longer approving individual CNE activities. Other state nurses associations with ANCC Accredited Approver Units can be contacted for CNE activities.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842