LET652 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Participants will learn basic self defense tactics for all levels of resistance that can be used if attacked in the line of duty. Officers will be able to return to their agency and train personnel in these defensive tactics.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for TEEX Defensive Tactics Course #78035.
- “[The] objectives were clearly stated and highlighted by the instructor. [Those objectives] were addressed through both classroom and practical application which enhanced the learning process.“
- “Our instructor was prepared and knowledgeable… Made the effort to ensure everyone gained the required knowledge to pass the course.“
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014) or a course equivalent
Please fax documents to (888) 289-9715 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Impact and stunning blows
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
- Duty gear
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for physical activity
- Physiological Responses to Stress
- Pain Compliance Techniques
- Stances and Blocks
- Impact and Stunning Blows
- Joint Locks and Grounding Techniques
- Vascular Restraint
- Baton Techniques
- Weapon Retention and Disarming
Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers, licensed security officers or public safety trainers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 4.0 IACET CEUs
- 40.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433